- Read more on the last post: google-io-2013-mobile-web-and-cloud-the-triple-crown-of-modern-applications/
- Slides: picturesque-app.appspot.com/slides
- Application: picturesque-app.appspot.com
- For all I/O 2013 sessions, go to https://developers.google.com/live
Can we had a better title for our talk? I’m not sure… But the description was along the lines of “…Ready to rock the world with your next application? Odds are you are thinking about mobile, web and the cloud.” So far… so good.
In this session we talked about building a modern mobile web application that takes advantage of the Google Cloud Platform. We touch on the powerful combination of the “mobile web AND the cloud” and in the process we tried to show the power of Google cloud endpoints and modern HTML5 apis. We built a fun little mobile web app “Pictureque” that give you the options to take photos (even on airplanes) and then share them with the world. Continue reading
Today, I had the pleasure to sit for 15min with Nissim Betito (the one and only!) how is a known hacker in the linux community around TLV. We spoke about Chromebook and what are the powerful tools that you can leverage today when you wish to write code. Later, we showed how to install ubuntu on Chromebook and get everything you miss as a developer that must have gcc (or other complier) under their hands. In the near future we will show how to install chromeOS image on raspberry pi… Continue reading
Today we had the pleasure to host Shai Reznik and talk with him on his true passion – AngularJS. Few of the hot topic we covered in this episode where:
- Data binding is an automatic way of updating the view whenever the model changes, as well as updating the model whenever the view changes. This is awesome because it eliminates DOM manipulation from your todo list and it’s making sure to work efficiently with zero effort on your part.
- Directives – How you can use today ‘Web components’ and see how it will be (fun and productive) to develop in the web platform in the near future.
- Dependency Injection – Why it’s a powerful concept and how it can help you with managing large scale web apps and your testing.
- Module – We spoke about the community around this framework and one of the by products is the modules that extend the options of which APIs and web services you can use directly from Angular. Continue reading
Web Workers is a good way to improve the performance of your web applications. It’s not a new HTML5 API but for some reason not too many front end developers are using it. This short episode will give you the intro to why and how you can leverage this simple and powerful API to enter the world of multi threads in the browser. Continue reading
In our GDL-IL today, I’ve talked about a fun project I did in the past. It’s a single web page application that let you manage an event. We covered some of the basic components we used in order to built this site and then we jumped into the app script code and showed how to work with the online IDE that let you write, run and debug your server side code. The site gives you basic functions like: Continue reading