Here are few points that I’ve took from the article in the WSJ:
* People who exercise regularly heal from colds 20-30% faster.
* People who walked briskly for 45 minutes, 5 days a week for 12-15 weeks reduced their number of sick days by 25-50%.
* 36% of US adults didn’t engage in ANY leisure activities in 2008. Can this be true?
* Exercise can lower the risk of stroke by 27%, diabetes by 50%, high-blood pressure by 40%, risk of recurring breast cancer by 50%, colon cancer by 60%, Alzheimer’s disease by 40%.
* Physical activity reduces erosion of telomeres, which essentially is an anti-aging effect at the cellular level.
So next time you thinking on doing some sport activity – follow Nike rule “Just do it!”.