- Lean software development an Agile Toolkit by Mary and Tom Poppendieck.
- Succeeding with Agile by Mike Cohn.
- User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development by Mike Cohn
- Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Cohn
- Practices of an Agile Developer by Andy Hunt
- Agile Retrospectives; Making Good Teams Great by Esther Derby and Diana Larsen
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship by Robert C. Martin
- xUnit Test Patterns by Gerard Meszaros
- Growing Object-Oriented Software Guided By Tests by Steve Freeman and Nat Pryce
Complex Event Processing
- The Power of Events: An Introduction to Complex Event Processing in Distributed Enterprise Systems by David C. Luckham
- Pro Git, by Scott Chacon
- Version Control with Git: Powerful Tools and Techniques for Collaborative Software Development by Jon Loeliger
- Pragmatic Version Control Using Git, by Travis Swicegood
- Beginning Scala by David Pollack
- Programming in Scala by Martin Odersky, Lex Spoon, and Bill Venners
- Career 2.0 by Jared Richardson.
- Passionate Programmer by Chad Fowler.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
- The Myth of Multitasking: How “Doing It All” Gets Nothing Done by Dave Crenshaw
- The Power of a Positive No: Save The Deal Save The Relationship and Still Say No by William Ury
- What Should I Do with My Life?: The True Story of People Who Answered the Ultimate Question by Po Bronson
- Peopleware by Tom DeMarco.
- Small Giants by Bo Birlingham.
- Nudge by Richard H. Thaler.
- Drive, by Daniel H. Pink.
- Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work by Paul Babiak and Robert D. Hare
- Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
- The Management Myth: Why the Experts Keep Getting it Wrong by Matthew Stewart
- Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything (P.S.) by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner
- Free: The Future of a Radical Price by Chris Anderson (BTW, you can get a free version in iTune for the audio version)
- In Search of Stupidity by Merrill R. (Rick) Chapman
Software Projects and Their Teams, Groups, Processes and People
- Adrenalin Junkies and Template Zombies: Understanding Patterns of Project Behaviour by Tom DeMarco, Peter Hruschka, Tim Lister, Suzanne Robertson
Release It! writing and maintaining software from an operations perspective
On Intelligence by Jeff Hawkins – How a new understanding of the brain will lead to the creation of truly intelligent machines