Here is some improvements we have put in our API to make it (even) better to developers.
After How To Work With High Gear Media RSS Feed In (less then) 4 Minutes
and How To Deal With High Gear Media API Using XPath
Here are some new parameters that will make your (=the developer) life happier and healthier.
We have a new ways to output the data or in other words more control on the output format.
the feed format, can be JSON or XML.
1. http://feeds.highgearmedia.com/?format=xml is the same as http://feeds.highgearmedia.com , because xml is the default value.
2. http://feeds.highgearmedia.com/?format=json <– This is the better way to work with our feeds, specially, if you are hacking some new cool web2.0 mash up.
Other API parameters
You have full control on the sites that you wish to fetch information from. Here is a list of all the sites.
1. http://feeds.highgearmedia.com <– All HighGearMedia content
2. http://feeds.highgearmedia.com/?sites=thecarconnection <– get feeds from thecarconnection.com
Comma separated list of tag names to filter the content by.
Size code for images in the feed (t/s/m/l/h)
- t – thumbnail (default). Unless you are building some new iPad app, this is the best way to have it.
- s – small
- m – medium – on iPad or Chrome you might want to use this size or even ‘large’.
- l – large
- h – huge
name of the car :_(optional)_(optional)
How NOT to do it:
type of content items, can be reviews/blog/all (default is ‘all’).
3. http://feeds.highgearmedia.com/?type=all is the same as http://feeds.highgearmedia.com, because ‘all’ is the default value.
Please let me know if you wish to see more/other options.
Happy new year!!