I had a good busy day today at the #IObootCamp overall, there were lots of good sessions and it is great to meet so many familiar developers. I didn’t had too much time to put all my notes. But here is a quick list I’ve took from few great sessions. In one hands on session I had the fun to hack this ‘awesome to-do list‘. Is it the best to-do list on the web today, or what? (only on Chrome you will get the ‘awesomeness’). It’s all based on @jeromegn work for a demo of backbone.js
CSS3 New Features
- CSS3 patterns – so many option to get very nice background that are pure CSS based.
- HSL play tool – change and play with HSL (shh… you can get similar stuff in chrome dev tools by clicking on the right side bar (the one that show you the CSS attributes). You can click on the background-color and it will change between the different methods to define it.
- Web Fonts – No more the 8 old (=boring) fonts that we have in browsers… you can (and should) use in your sites/apps a wide range of fonts.
- CSS3 Please – let you change/edit the page and see the nice element on the top right corner change in real time. Good tool for beginners. You can get the same ‘feature’ if you use chrome dev tools… (and it’s better because it will record your history of changes both to the CSS and scripts).
- Transforms sandbox
- yepnope – It is an asynchronous conditional resource loader that’s super-fast, and allows you to load only the scripts that your users need.
and let’s not forget the new API discovery tool that Google release today. It’s a good starting point to any project these days.
Have fun and I hope to have lots of new notes/posts during the up coming week.