- Yeoman as the main built tool. We found out that is easy to start working with it. This powerful tool gives you a set of tools that any modern web developer should use. Yeoman is a robust and opinionated set of tools, libraries, and a workflow that can help you be more productive and use the best practices in modern web development. Give it a ride…
- AngularJS – To add the dynamic part for our site. It’s very interesting to see how Ran used google spreadsheets as his database in the cloud and with the add angular he fetch the data and update the content automatically.
- Github pages – As a free (and scalable) hosting service.
- Twitter Bootstrap – Because it is saving you a lot of ‘leg work’ by using this powerful css framework. Ran didn’t start with it… but once he saw that the site doesn’t look good on mobile, he jump on this wagon and luckily for him it worked.
- Google spreadsheet as a database and a simple database for our CMS in the cloud.
We saw how the release to production process is working with a simple script that calls yoman on several tasks and then push to github pages branch. You can browse the source code and see the resulted gh-pages. Btw, if you wish to submit you talk please pull request. Since we didn’t had time to dive into Angular, here is a nice tutorial http://docs.angularjs.org/tutorial/ to get you started on the right foot.