Chrome 44 is now in stable channel and there are many updates and improvements:
- Improvements to Notifications API and promoted add to homescreen.
- The Push API has undergone several minor breaking changes in order to keep up to date with the evolving specification.
- A new implementation of multi-column layout, solving historic issues with incorrect column balancing.
- Developers should now use the scroll attributes of document.scrollingElement instead of document.body as the latter has several well known issues.
- What a quick summary? you got it all in under 4 min video!
And there are a lots of other improvements and security fixes.
What is hot and new on the web?
- A quick intro to the Physical Web – Learn what can be done on the physical web and how you can implement it.
- Why you should lie to users in the name of performance?
- The Web Bluetooth API is coming.
- How to use the new Polymer starter kit – An opinionated scaffold for building Polymer apps
- Replacing Flash: Adaptive Streaming and DRM in HTML5
- GarageBand is great but SoundTrap is a collaborative music app for everyone
- Capture a canvas to a MediaStream with captureStream() in Firefox 41.
Short and sweet. Be strong.
…and one more thing, as Chrome Beta 45 is out and its full with ES2015 cool features.