The slides from my talk today at Google IL office.
It’s all about building a great mobile experience for your users.
From AMP (=Accelerated Mobile Pages) as a starting point up to PWA (=Progressive Web Apps).
As a bonus, we also showed new APIs like: Payment API, One Tab Sign-in and Physical Web that expending the web even farther.
Wish to know more about AMP?
- Review the technical documentation and join the community on GitHub and StackOverflow.
- Start developing your AMP files and validate them. You can use ampbyexample.com for reference.
- Check the search guidelines at Google Search requirements and also validate the AMP Search Console Report.
- Don’t forget to review your options for ads and analytics.
- Last but not least, point to AMP files from your canonical articles to make them publicly (=search engines could crawl them).
Want to learn more on PWA?
● Comprehensive set of service worker examples on Github.
● Check out how Google built the mobile web version of the I/O Web App, a real-life non-trivial implementation of service workers in production.