There are around 130 million books around the world.
Let’s say that you can read 2 books a week. In a year, you will be able to read ~100 books and if you keep this pace for the next 80-90 years you have a chance to read ~9000 books which is only 0.007% from the total amount.
So a good question would be:
Which books would you choose to read?
I am collecting suggestions, so please feel free to share.
Btw, If you wish to understand why your kids are hooked on Fortnite? check The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. I’m still amazed how Epic game (the company the behind Fortnite) took so many great ideas from these books and baked them into the game.
Want a few more that I really enjoyed?
- Wish to laugh?
- Born a Crime, by Trevor Noah
- Yes please! by Amy Poehler
- Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell
- Where Good Ideas Come from, by Steven Johnson
- Learn about health and the cutting edge of our knowledge about cancer?
- The Emperor of All Maladies and The Gene: An Intimate History both by Mukherjee Siddhartha
- Learn (more) about great thinkers?
- Einstein or Leonardo da Vinci or Steve Jobs, by Walter Isaacson
- Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike, by Phil Knight
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow and Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind and 21 lessons for the 21st centery by Yuval Noah Harari