To record a meeting or a demo on a Mac, you can use the built-in QuickTime Player app.
1. Open the Quicktime Player app from your Applications folder.
QuickTime Player is the default media player for your Mac.
It lets you record audio and video.
You can use Spotlight (cmd+space bar) to open it.
2. In QuickTime Player, choose File > New Screen Recording.
This will open Screenshot and display the tools.
3. Click Options.
If you want audio, select a microphone (if you have more than one).
You can also select the location where you want to save your recording.
You can also record your entire screen or a selected portion of the screen, e.g. your app window.
4. Click Record.
Your Mac will start recording your screen.
If you are in a Zoom meeting, your recording will include your Zoom meeting too.
When you start your recording, a recording icon will appear in the menu bar indicating that a recording is in progress.
Btw, with Zoom, Hangout, MS-Teams and other tools you have an option to record the meeting and that is a better (=more quality) one.
5. When you want to stop your recording.
Press Command-Control-Esc (Escape) or alternatively click the recording icon in the menu bar.
When you stop the recording, QuickTime Player will open the recording.
There are few things you can do:
• You can save your recording by going to File > Save ← This is the best option for a quick & easy way.
• You can edit your recording.
You can split it into clips and then you can delete or arrange your clips (Edit > Split Clip).
• You can also share your recording (File > Share).
Last but not least, if you wish to edit your new video, this is a short tutorial that will teach you the basics of iMovie.
Good luck 👊🏽