In the past two years, I’ve been fascinated by the rise of web3.
As Albert (from union square venture) wrote:
So let’s start with the first step. Get your wallet. You can think on the crypto wallet as a ‘browser’ to the world of distributed applications that lives in the #web3 world. I would suggest you to try a few wallets as we are still very early in this new frontier.
- Hardware: I got the Ledger Nano X but another good option is Trezor.
- Desktop: I like Exodus and (of course) you need Metamask in your browser. Btw, Brave got a wallet as well but with Metamask it will be ‘easier’ to start ‘trying’ the NFT world as well.
- Mobile: Exodus , Jaxx and/or Trust Wallet
🚨 Do NOT buy any hardware wallet from third-party resellers such as Amazon or eBay.
Only buy units from the OEM to ensure that you are getting a clean device.
Next, you wish to buy some tokens (e.g. BTC, ETH, SOL etc’) – You can do it in one of the exchanges below.
- Coinbase – The easy way to get into the crypto world.
- Binance.US – large number of supported coins. But sort of centralized solution.
- Kraken – Decent staking options
Now, let’s create ourselves a ‘portfolio’ and watch the market:
💽 MARKET DATA, PRICE INFO, NEWS AGGREGATORS, MARKET ANALYSIS, ONCHAIN METRICS
- Messari.io – onchain metrics and market data. They got one of the best UX/UI.
- CoinMarketCap – a market data and news aggregator.
- CoinGecko – market data and news aggregator.
🎤 CRYPTO PODCASTS
- proof.xyz – All about NFTs: Artists, Developers and everything else.
- modern.finance – New crypto projects and some interesting conversations.
- Bankless – A great analysis and discussions of ETH markets