Entrepreneur and a runner who loves to build companies, developers and applications.
I’ve been working in technology since 1994, at the moment I’m having fun at Netflix as director of engineering that focusing on product excellence and testing.
Before that I was the lead Developer Advocate at Google focusing on Google Assistant.
Before, I was a Solution Architect at Google Cloud.
Previously to Google, I was the co-founder and CTO of HighGearMedia and from 2005-2008 I’ve been hacking in Yahoo on pipes.yahoo.com.
My last book Web Workers will help you sleep better!
A bit more?
Here is some of the fields I’m curious about:
- Startups – helping entrepreneurs with a course I did with Udacity or “Zen of Monetization” series on youtube.
- OpenWeb technologies / hacking web apps and another course on optimizing web forms.
- ChromeOS – Which I had the pleasure to be the first developer advocate for it.
- Mobile development
- HTML5 (e.g. WebWorkers, web databases, indexedDB )
- Data mining and problems with ‘Big Data’ (e.g. Hacking around Yahoo finance API)
- Design/Amazing UIs
- Java and some PHP
What I love doing in my free time?
- Running – “Where the mind is willing, the body will follow”.
- Mountain biking
Like in Life – lots of challenges come with lots of narrow paths to cross.