Entrepreneur and a runner who loves to build companies, developers and applications.
Ido has been working in technology since 1994, and he is the co-founder and CTO of ESGgo.
From 2020 to 2022, he was a senior manager at Facebook, leading the Rooms Foundation teams and helping engineers to be more productive and effective.
From 2018 to 2020, he was VP of technology at JFrog, connecting the dots between technology and business while leading the partners’ engineering and IoT teams.
Before, he was director of engineering at Netflix, leading product excellence and testing efforts. Previously, he was the lead developer advocate at Google converging the Google Assistant platform. Before he joined Google, Ido was the founder and CTO of High Gear Media (sold to Internet Brands).
Ido was also the Co-Founder of ApicaGreen Hedge Fund – a U.S. long-short equities hedge fund that uses cutting-edge search technologies.
Ido’s academic life where mainly in Tel Aviv. He did a B.Sc. in Computers with a specialty in networks and algorithms and M.Sc. in Business Administration with Magna Cum Laude.
A bit more?
Here is some of the fields I’m curious about:
- Startups – helping entrepreneurs with a course I did with Udacity or “Zen of Monetization” series on youtube.
- OpenWeb technologies / hacking web apps and another course on optimizing web forms.
- ChromeOS – Which I had the pleasure to be the first developer advocate for it.
- Mobile development
- HTML5 (e.g. WebWorkers, web databases, indexedDB )
- Data mining and problems with ‘Big Data’ (e.g. Hacking around Yahoo finance API)
- Design/Amazing UIs
- Java and some PHP
What I love doing in my free time?
- Cycling (From Mountain biking to Road to Gravel)
- Running – “Where the mind is willing, the body will follow”.
- For more around the social channels: @greenido or LinkedIn