Entrepreneur and a runner who loves to build companies, developers and applications.
I’ve been working in technology since 1994, and right now I’m a Developer Advocate at Google focusing on Google Assistant.
Before, I was a Solution Architect at Google Cloud.
Previously, I was the co-founder and CTO of HighGearMedia and from 2005-2008 I’ve been hacking in Yahoo on pipes.yahoo.com.
My last book Web Workers will help you sleep better!
A bit more?
Here is some of the fields I’m curious about:
- Startups – helping entrepreneurs with a course I did with Udacity or “Zen of Monetization” series on youtube.
- OpenWeb technologies / hacking web apps and another course on optimizing web forms.
- ChromeOS – Which I had the pleasure to be the first developer advocate for it.
- Mobile development
- HTML5 (e.g. WebWorkers, web databases, indexedDB )
- Data mining and problems with ‘Big Data’ (e.g. Hacking around Yahoo finance API)
- Design/Amazing UIs
- Java and some PHP
What I love doing in my free time?
- Running – Where the mind is willing, the body will follow – that is what I keep telling myself during the (ultra) marathons and long mountain bike rides.
- Mountain biking
Like in Life – lots of challenges come with lots of narrow paths to cross.