What is a blockchain?
Why is cryptocurrency the future of the finance world?
Below you can find a deck I was preparing for a lighting talk at ESGgo.
Since I got some positive feedback on it, I wanted to share it broadly.
Hopefully, you will find it valuable.
In the past two years, I’ve been fascinated by the rise of web3.
As Albert (from union square venture) wrote:
So let’s start with the first step. Get your wallet. You can think on the crypto wallet as a ‘browser’ to the world of distributed applications that lives in the #web3 world. I would suggest you to try a few wallets as we are still very early in this new frontier.
- Hardware: I got the Ledger Nano X but another good option is Trezor.
- Desktop: I like Exodus and (of course) you need Metamask in your browser. Btw, Brave got a wallet as well but with Metamask it will be ‘easier’ to start ‘trying’ the NFT world as well.
- Mobile: Exodus , Jaxx and/or Trust Wallet
🚨 Do NOT buy any hardware wallet from third-party resellers such as Amazon or eBay.
Only buy units from the OEM to ensure that you are getting a clean device.
Next, you wish to buy some tokens (e.g. BTC, ETH, SOL etc’) – You can do it in one of the exchanges below.
- Coinbase – The easy way to get into the crypto world.
- Binance.US – large number of supported coins. But sort of centralized solution.
- Kraken – Decent staking options
Now, let’s create ourselves a ‘portfolio’ and watch the market:
💽 MARKET DATA, PRICE INFO, NEWS AGGREGATORS, MARKET ANALYSIS, ONCHAIN METRICS
- Messari.io – onchain metrics and market data. They got one of the best UX/UI.
- CoinMarketCap – a market data and news aggregator.
- CoinGecko – market data and news aggregator.
🎤 CRYPTO PODCASTS
- proof.xyz – All about NFTs: Artists, Developers and everything else.
- modern.finance – New crypto projects and some interesting conversations.
- Bankless – A great analysis and discussions of ETH markets